***20k SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL HIRES***
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Associate Medical Director (AMD) provides direct and indirect medical care and population health management to patients served by Landmark Health. This role reports directly to the Market Medical Director. This role also provides clinical and operational oversight to a team of physicians and advanced level practitioners assigned to them. The AMD also acts as a leader for the zone’s interdisciplinary team accountable for serving a patient population and/or geography within a Landmark market
The AMD directs and helps build the capacity of a team of providers in a zone to manage a population of complex patients, and is responsible for achieving clinical outcomes, optimizing utilization/costs, and ensuring high patient satisfaction within that zone. This position is 60% direct and indirect patient care and 40% administrative.
Direct & Indirect Patient Care
• Provide medical care to a panel of patients of the highest complexity
• Transition high acuity patients back to longitudinal providers as patients’ condition improves
• Act as a consultative physician focused on stabilizing the frailest and most vulnerable patients within the population.
• Complete comprehensive chart reviews and ride alongs of providers in their respective zone in order to ensure high quality care of patients
• Participate in the market on call schedule and provide telephonic on-call coverage that require telephonic triage based on market needs
• Support advanced level practitioners with in-person or telephonic clinical consultations
• Provide real time supervision of Urgentivist Extenders (paramedics or RNs/LPNs/LVNs) as needed
• Review reports and data to improve population health for patients within their zone and patient panel
• Provide clinical leadership, oversee quality and execute clinical operations within a defined zone
• Oversee the application of specific measurements of quality and ensure that all providers consistently meet thresholds
• Remain current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization management, quality management, managed care principals and new clinical developments and technologies
• Participate in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care provided to members
• At the direction of the Market Medical Director participate in the resolution of medically related grievances
Team Performance Management
• Supervise POD leaders and advanced practice practitioners directly reporting to AMD, including conducting regular 1:1s, proactively providing performance feedback, reviews and mentorship, overseeing provider education, in-service training, and orientation
• Support the Market Medical Director in recruiting advanced practice practitioners and physicians in their zone, ensuring the pursuit of talent with the appropriate mix of clinical skills and behavioral qualities to retain a high performing team
• Proactive ownership for zone’s performance against key clinical and operational performance metrics
• Ownership of onboarding support and clinical education to providers in the zone
• Assist with creating, publishing and participating in the call schedule, approving PTO and other administrative activities
Interdisciplinary Team Leadership
• Lead and participate in interdisciplinary team meetings, including case reviews that engage the full team, teaching on relevant clinical topics, and training on new protocols and workflows
• Participate in provider and physician meetings
• Join daily huddle with a focused team of interdisciplinary staff
Health Plan & Community Relations
• Assist Market Medical Director in enhancing community relationships with targeted and local hospitals, PCPs, community acute care, SNF, LTC and ALF facilities in the market
• Act as a local leader and advocate for the Landmark model with community providers and delivery systems and other community partners or potential business partners
• Serve as an advocate for the team with community providers when escalation is necessary and ensure appropriate resolution
Strategy & Standardization
• Support implementation of centrally-led initiatives and develop market-led improvement initiatives
• Support Market Medical Director when not available for meetings within and outside of Landmark
• Participate actively in all Peer Review activities
• Other duties as assigned by the Market Medical Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Landmark Health will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
We are now part of Optum and the United Health Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
As part of our hiring process, upon accepting an offer, candidates will be required to complete a 9-panel drug test. Due to our partnership with the Medicare Advantage program, our drug testing policies are consistent with Federal law.
Please be aware that Landmark Health does not solicit money or offer payment for job applications, nor do we ask candidates to email or submit any personal information over unsecured channels.
Landmark Health requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.