We are hiring a Sr. Consultant, Healthcare Actuarial Services - You will apply your actuarial expertise to conduct and present analytics on several fronts. Key projects will include responsibility for Landmark’s forecasting/budgeting process and analysis of the financial/clinical value proposition that the Landmark Health program brings to our current and prospective patients and business partners.
The opportunity is being offer full time Remote, locations included via our Link: Remote Locations
• Measure the performance of value-based / shared savings arrangements and communicate valuable insights to key stakeholders.
• Apply your knowledge of Medicare reimbursement components and healthcare claims data to be assist with the development and ongoing execution of cost and revenue forecasting models.
• Partner with the Healthcare Data Science and Analytics team to demonstrate value from the Landmark Program for our clients through reporting of revenue / risk score trends, healthcare utilization trends, and financial savings.
• Analyze profitability by duration, acuity, and resource allocation to inform strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
• Work closely with other finance teams to monitor performance against forecasts, analyzing and explaining drivers of variances from revenue, cost and membership.
• Collaborate with the business intelligence team to ensure data quality from new clients.
• Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) credentials strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in actuarial science or economics)
• Minimum of 4 years of actuarial experience within a healthcare and/or managed care organization with significant experience in Medicare products. Experience with value-based reimbursement strategies and affordability initiatives preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience programming in SAS and/or SQL.
• Actuarial knowledge of best practices for evaluation, modeling (cost, risk score and revenue) and analytics
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational, documentation and problem-solving skills
• Strong business acumen, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
We are now part of Optum and the United Health Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
As part of our hiring process, upon accepting an offer, candidates will be required to complete a 9-panel drug test. Due to our partnership with the Medicare Advantage program, our drug testing policies are consistent with Federal law.
Please be aware that Landmark Health does not solicit money or offer payment for job applications, nor do we ask candidates to email or submit any personal information over unsecured channels.