The Supervisor, Advanced Practice functions as the day to day clinical and administrative lead of the clinical APP’s and Urgentivist Extenders (LPN/Paramedic). Responsible for the management of his/her APPs providing clinical care in alignment with Landmark disease management protocols and accepted evidence-based guidelines. In addition, they will work with market leadership on team performance toward quality and productivity outcomes, and any additional clinical outcome goals. Partner with market Pod leaders and RMD to address patient grievances, complaints, or adverse outcomes. Variability by market may require the them to participate in administrative functions such as provider AIP reviews, ride a longs, call schedule completion, and leading IDT meetings.
• Mentor NPs on team via ride a longs, chart reviews (This may include review of EMR documentation, HCC coding, quality of medical care rendered, etc.), CEM and Huddle participation, etc.
• Develop individual NP and market performance improvement plans (PIP), with direction from RMD/Pod leader
• Partner with RMD and/or Pod leader in formulating agenda and content for provider meetings
• Develop strong relationships with APP team representing the group to the MLT bidirectionally to further clinical initiatives
• Provide strategic clinical and operational direction to APP team of company driven goals and expectations.
• Participate in talent recruitment efforts; including interviews, job fairs, ride-alongs, shadowing, etc.
• Suggests innovation recommendations to MLT to enhance the delivery of the Landmark model of care within local clinical landscape
• Participate in local leadership meetings involving discussion of market KPI’s as well as financial budget and goals to deepen business acumen
• Attend external facing meeting related to clinical performance as defined by RMD (Health System and/or Health plan meetings—JOC, case reviews, quality)
• Conducts direct patient clinical care delivery as defined by market leadership
o 60% clinical, 40% administrative
• Provide patient care as expected of any LM provider.
• Oversees provider work schedules to ensure demand management and productivity (call, territory changes, movement of staff, changes in FTE status, telemedicine vs. in person)
• Oversees training of newly hired APPs.
• Coaching and education of APPs, NCMs, and other IDT staff
• Monitor clinical competency and coordination of APP team
• Ensure effective IDT collaboration within expectations of Landmark model of care
• Monitor clinical team’s performance as defined by Landmark’s Executive Dashboard
• Performs within and speaks to value of market expectations toward provider metrics, coding goals, and patient satisfaction.
• Ability to internalize Landmark’s mission, vision, and values in his/her actions to foster culture of value-driven, patient-centric care outcomes both inside and outside the organization
• Partner with MLT in developing strategies for model effectiveness, market growth, and process improvement
• Current, valid, non-sanctioned, non-restricted APP license (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant) to practice medicine in the state
• Minimum of two (2) years APP (NP/PA) clinical experience, home-based care desired
• Previous experience in clinical leadership/mgt roles preferred
• Recognized as a high performing APP by market goals and standards
• Familiarity with Medicare/Medicaid contracts and systems is beneficial
• Familiarity with HCC and ICD-10 codes as related to billing practices
• Ability to meet all Landmark Health credentialing requirements plus malpractice profile must meet risk guidelines
• Current DEA certification required
• State driver’s license without restrictions is required
• Must be board certified at the time of hire or able to obtain board certification within 2 years of hire
In order to work with potentially vulnerable patient populations and to keep employees healthy while caring for patients, all patient-facing employees of Landmark must provide evidence of the following required immunizations/vaccinations as a condition of employment: TB, MMR, Tdap, and Influenza. Declinations may be accommodated based on your medical history, an allergy or religious beliefs. Please immediately contact HR if you wish to apply for an exemption from our vaccination requirements so that we may determine if you qualify for an accommodation.