As an individual contributor on the Healthcare Economics team, you will use your experience with healthcare claims data and SAS or SQL to measure the financial value that the Landmark Health program brings to our customers and their members. Reporting to the Director of Healthcare Economics, you will also provide a range of analysis and reporting to measure the value and improve the effectiveness of our clinical operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your MS technologies in development and operation of Data Warehouse, ETL and application integration solutions via MS SSIS. Experience programming in Dynamic SQL is a plus.
• Perform business development opportunity analysis involving data loading, profiling and experience modeling.
• Streamline and structure user acceptance testing process.
• Perform user acceptance testing of healthcare data and determine root cause and steps for resolution.
• Track issues with reports, including defects in logic, data quality problems, and process errors.
• Extract, analyze, and interpret healthcare utilization and financial data to address business questions regarding population health management, health and economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, and product design.
• Support SQL-based processes to report on healthcare utilization trends and financial savings derived from the Landmark Health program.
• Work with clinical and finance teams to understand and evaluate the drivers of quality, engagement, and utilization in our membership cohort.
• Monitoring data quality and work with data warehouse team to assist in development of corrective action plans.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, public health or epidemiology is preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of health care industry experience is required.
• Minimum 4 years of experience programming in SQL is required.
• Experience using statistical methods to evaluate healthcare claims data strongly preferred.
• Experience with reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) is preferred.
• Strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, documentation, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form to a widely diverse audience.
• Strong business acumen and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to identify relationships in data sets, determine key fields, and present findings unassisted.