The Data Developer will assist in the design and development of data feeds, interfaces, data warehouses and enterprise reporting. The Data Developer must demonstrate strong working knowledge of extract, transform, and load (ETL) development using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) and ability to interact with non-technical business customers to determine requirements and apply the business rules to the data. Experience and familiarity with various types of healthcare-related data—membership, claims, laboratory, pharmacy, authorizations, etc.—utilized in healthcare organization that take insurance risk is highly desirable. This individual will work closely with internal departments and with counterparts with health plans during implementation and through ongoing operations.
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position.
• Responsible for designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting SSIS packages that implement complex ETL processes
• Analyze, develop, test, maintain and support complex data/process models, and processes in an ETL environment using SSIS
• Design, develop, and support complex integration processes (including interfaces) using SQL Server technology, stored procedures and SQL program code
• Translate business requirements into technical designs to map and load data from source systems to data warehouses, downstream applications, and trading partners.
• Work closely with operations and IT to ensure all necessary Client data (eg. Lab, Rx, Claims/Encounters) feed into Landmark tools
• Ensure quality and accuracy of the data mapped from staging environments to the target reporting environments.
• Maintaining data repository with data definitions, relationships, linkages and sources.
• Communicate open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and business areas.
• Perform root cause analysis for issues and provide effective and timely resolution
• Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis to support the business needs.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of experience utilizing Microsoft technologies in development and operation of Data Warehouse, ETL, and application integration solutions via Microsoft SSIS. Must have strong understanding of DW processes and OLAP concepts
• In-depth knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• At least 1-year experience working in health care industry.
• Expert knowledge in SQL Queries and Stored Procedure writing.
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience.
* Prior Hadoop experience is a plus
• Health care experience is a must.• Ability to work under pressure to resolve critical production issues.
• High energy; demonstrates an ability to function in a creative, entrepreneurial environment and think outside the box
• Good problem solving and debugging skills