Landmark Health is a high growth, entrepreneurial organization committed to improving healthcare for the patients with the most intense and complex medical needs. Landmark partners with health plans across the country to bring high-quality, compassionate medical care our nation’s sickest members, wherever they reside and whenever they need it.
By integrating technology, a highly innovative care delivery model, and multidisciplinary clinical teams, Landmark delivers health management capabilities at scale for the frailest and clinically complex segments of the population – the 3-5% of members that account for 20-30% of all national healthcare expenses annually.
Reporting to the Market GM/VP, the Senior Operations Manager is an important part of the market management team and is responsible for providing analytical support and overseeing office operations that enable world-class clinical outcomes. The Senior Operations Manager will help translate strategic vision into operational reality and build the operational infrastructure to support the market’s growth and efficiency over time.
• Administrative Oversight: Lead a team responsible for the administrative functioning of two offices, including but not limited to:
• Maintenance of supplies inventories and maintains appropriate processes for ordering and storage of such supplies
• Calendar management for the office, including prep and follow up for recurring team meetings
• Preparation for Executive visits
• Coordination with all relevant vendors necessary for office operations
• Administration of PTO and payroll systems, and on-call schedule
• Management of front office activities
• Facilities management, including overseeing contingency planning
• On-boarding new hires
• Operational Implementation and Improvement: Maintain a comprehensive understanding of daily operations, policies and procedures; identify operational roadblocks and process gaps; and ensure effective roll out and adherence to workflow changes. Proactive solicit and problem solve issues faced by the clinical and administrative teams.
• Metric Tracking and Reporting: Own and drive reporting on operational performance metrics for two zones in NYC including regular review of relevant KPIs, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and synthesis and presentation of results.
• Translate performance metrics into actionable operational recommendations for improvement – partnering and working collaboratively with others across Landmark.
• Create ad-hoc and periodic Excel reports to support clinical teams in the field and in the office; good MS Excel ability that includes pivot tables, index-match functions, charting/maps etc. is essential. Significant Excel report generation for problem solving and tracking of metrics is expected.
• Market Performance:
• Collaborate with the local and shared services colleagues and leadership to plan and execute initiatives to continuously improve the clinical delivery model
• Collaborate with local and central outreach teams to support engagement and other performance goals through provider calendar and schedule management
• Act as day-to-day project manager on key market initiatives, managing timelines and coordinating across cross-functional teams to drive outcomes
• Support the launch of new clients through patient and provider outreach, geographic analysis and on-the-ground coordination
• Market Leadership: Act as back up to GM/VP as needed for community relationship building and other external-facing responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field or business administration, MBA/ advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years of administrative management experience in health care, preferably in a managed care setting
• Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Calendar; Expert Excel skills preferred
• Superior reasoning, planning, and time management skills
• Proven track record of driving operational projects from conception to implementation to refinement
• Excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to lead multiple complex projects
• Analytic and decisive thinker with the ability to prioritize and communicate objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
• Solution-oriented mindset and work approach
• Strong collaboration skills and a natural ability to connect with others
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent